Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inspirations~~~

Its that time of year, well, for me it is. That time of year when all the thanksgiving/Christmas festivities are over, its blazing cold and damp outside and thoughts of spring and sunshime are welcome. This is probably my least favorite time of year, the only thing that keeps me goin is Valentines day. Not that hubby and I are die hard romantics, but I love the colors of Valentines day....pinks, whites and reds.....very girly and pretty. Actually, hubby is anti-Valentines day...he says its a monopoly for the buisnesses....a way to make money. Yet we usually celebrate with dinner and rent a movie...told ya we were not romatic, LOL!

I remember when these cupcakes were on the cover of Country Living
I thought these were so cute...they get you in the holiday spirit.

Ive been thinking about a new, simple, project and the colors in the cupcakes inspiring me. I have this thing about saving laundry detergent containers, whether the liquid plastic kind or the cardboard dry kind....drives hubby crazy, but it seems like there should be something to re-purpose them for.....so.....heres my plan.I have one of the cardboard containers and I was thinking over covering the inside and out with contact paper and embellishing with some pretty ribbons or bottuns. Im wanting something red and white, maybe some pink. Anyway, Im thinking it would be perfect for storing things like pens/notepads, small kitchen gadgets, etc. Plus with the contact paper it would be easy to wipe down.

Ive already checked WM for some , but their colors and patterns were really boring, so I guess I will keep looking till I find just what Im wanting.

1 comment:

  1. Steven is anti-Valentine's day too!! Haha..really sucks..but hey, what'cha gonna do?! Maybe he'll surprise me this year...yeah right! ;)

    ReplyDelete